Sam is a partner of the firm and leads the Corporate & Securities Practice Group. After graduating from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), Sam started his law practice in Silicon Valley at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Sam is a startup attorney representing technology and emerging growth companies. Sam's legal expertise and practice involves corporate formation, corporate governance, corporate financing (venture capital and angel financings) mergers and acquisitions, licensing transactions, and initial public offerings. Sam has represented some of the leading public and private technology companies, investment banks (such as Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs), entrepreneurs, technology and emerging growth startups, venture capital firms and angel investors. Sam has represented companies in approximately over $5 billion in private financings, mergers and acquisitions and initial public offerings.
- $5 million Series A-1 Preferred Stock Financing by an online newsroom platform
- $4 million Series A Preferred Stock Financing by an email security software company
- Financing of a location-based attraction discovery app lead by Idealab
- $23 million Series E Preferred Stock Financing by a privately-held technology company providing enterprise information portals
- $21.9 million Series B Preferred Stock Financing by an internet service provider
- $14 million acquisition of internet service provider by a publicly-traded technology company by means of an all cash tender offer with a back-end merger.
- $350 million acquisition of a technology company developing voice and video network products by a publicly traded company specializing in broadband communication solutions by means of a stock and cash merger.
- $400 million acquisition of a privately-held technology company providing enterprise information portals
- $40 million acquisition of an outdoor advertising company by means of a stock and cash merger .
- $54 million initial public offering of a technology for the integrated circuit manufacturing process
- $218 million follow-on offering of a publicly-traded technology company
State Bar of California