About Vic and our IP team
Vic Lin is a Christian, patent attorney and cofounder of the firm. His IP insights have been featured on entrepreneur.com and quora.com. Vic has been practicing patent and trademark law since 1999. You can find his answers to frequently asked questions about IP on PatentTrademarkBlog.com.
Our mission is to empower startups with rock solid IP rights that facilitate funding and sales. We accomplish this through honest guidance and flat fee billing.
Here are our TRUE core values:
Our IP group charges flat rates for patent and trademark filings. For utility patent applications, we can provide a flat rate estimate for the initial filing after reviewing your invention disclosures. We also offer flat responses to USPTO Office Actions, including flat fee Examiner Interviews.
Yes, we promptly return phone calls and emails. Our clients receive timely updates on their pending applications and reminders in advance of deadlines, all at no additional charge.
We love representing the Davids battling the Goliaths. If you're a founder feeling left out by big law firms, reach out to us.
Though we care about efficiency, we care even more about efficacy. Our clients seek our guidance in making wise decisions on investing their resources for IP protection. We apply our expertise to recommend a smarter path to IP success. Here are examples of our effectiveness:
- Conducting a patentability search before filing a utility non-provisional patent application
- Performing a USPTO knockout search before filing a trademark application
- Conducting patent examiner interviews to discuss Office Actions and gather insight for a more persuasive response
Vic's IP specialties include:
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Courts, California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit