Overseas companies doing business in the U.S. must pay careful attention to U.S. intellectual property (IP) laws. Dealing with U.S. patents, trademarks and copyrights at an earlier stage may help avoid messy and expensive legal problems in the future.
Vic Lin is uniquely qualified to help non-U.S. companies doing business in the U.S. As a registered U.S. patent attorney, Vic specializes in procuring patents and trademarks efficiently. Our clients from Asia and Europe especially appreciate our firm's streamlined approach to securing intellectual property, reducing time and saving costs.
Vic leads the firm's IP group comprising registered patent attorneys. The IP team assists clients particularly in patent and trademark law, including:
- Patent Applications – We write and file patent applications with U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) to protect valuable inventions. We handle the entire process from the initial filing to Office Action responses to the maintenance of issued patents. We can take over a patent file at any stage in the patent prosecution process. Many clients and outside law firms ask us to take over patent files due to our extensive patent experience and competitive fees. No charges for transferring files to our firm.
- U.S. National Stage Applications - We are familiar with global initiatives to reduce the length of the patent application process, including PPH and Global PPH. We understand our clients' needs for quicker patent allowance and more cost-effective patent representation.
- Patent Maintenance Fees (renewals) – Highly competitive flat rate patent fees aimed at providing greatest value for the price.
- International PCT Application – We help our clients obtain patent protection in foreign countries through the Patent Cooperation Treaty as well as through conventiona priority filings.
- Trademark Applications – We assist non-U.S. companies in registering trademarks in the U.S. Flat rate pricing available for entire prosecution from the initial filing to registration, including procedural (non-substantive) Office Actions. Flat rate pricing for substantive trademark Office Action responses and trademark renewals.
- TTAB Trademark Oppositions and Cancellations – We have extensive experience in trademark oppositions and cancellations before the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB). Free initial consultation for TTAB cases.
- Trademark Registration Renewals – No additional charges for answering questions, analyzing specimens of use. Highly competitive flat rate trademark fees.
- Foreign Trademark Registration – We streamline foreign trademark registration by filing a single Madrid Protocol application to register the mark in Madrid member countries. We also assist foreign IP firms and overseas clients in responding to USPTO trademark Office Actions.
- Non-U.S. companies are particularly sensitive to costs. We offer fixed fees and provide flat rate estimates so that the client can budget each IP project with certainty.
Worldwide Network of IP Law Firms
- We have established strong connections with IP firms throughout the world. Our network of IP associates is a valuable resource for both domestic and international clients.